Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hijab 11th Year




 It's a great bless when Allah guides you to a way that change your life. For me that happened eleven years ago I was blessed with Hijab. I still remember this day as if it was yesterday.. going to my mother asking her that I want to wear hijab since I was 13 yrs old so I had to take her permission first.

It was 26th of Ramadan 1422 (known as Laylet el Kadr), and before going to pray Taraweh Prayer with my sisters.. I had the idea of wearing hijab it took me almost 15 minutes to decide, I wore the scarf and looked in the mirror, and I saw myself just the way I wanted to be "Veiled Muslim Girl".

I went to ask my mother and she accepted giving me some advices then I prayed behind Sheikh Muhammad Jibrel, well it was a great day.. It's one of the best days of my life because I took a decision that I consider as a bless from Allah. I remember going to school the following days and I was afraid that when people see me with hijab anyone will say hurtful words about being young or it is too soon to wear it ( I should wear it nearly before dying !! :D ).

El hamdulelah, I never felt embarrassed or oppressed while wearing it, I never envied unveiled girls because they aren't limited with specific cloth to wear. Through the past 11 years, I felt veil isn't about a scarf to wear .. it's something that tame you internally and externally. I feel that I am responsible for what people will think about hijab when they see me or talk to me, so I have to evaluate myself and try to improve the way I behave while dealing with others and the way I dress to fit my hijab.

That's what amaze me about wearing Hijab, how it turned my life to a better one, I wonder what my life would be like if I didn't take the decision during those few minutes.. if Allah didn't pick me at this moment to put in my heart the bless of loving hijab. I deeply thank Allah for this bless, that's why I decided to go today to the mosque, where I prayed 11 years ago, to pray the Taraweh Prayer. Feeling once more the happiness of 13 yrs old who wore hijab for the first day.. and now I feel the happiness in my heart for being with Allah worshiping him between many people hoping that he'll be satisfied.

After finishing this wonderful prayer, I called my mother and I told her "Thanks for accepting :)" and she said "accepting what?", I told her "just like this day 11 yrs ago you approved me to wear hijab", she told me "thanks for making me proud of you". I wish to be the kind of Muslim who deserve to enter paradise and meet Allah and gain Allah's satisfaction and love.

May Allah bless all muslim girls -who didn't wear the hijab yet- with Hijab.

اللهم لا تجعل الدنيا اكبر همنا
اللهم ارزقنا الاخلاص و حسن عبادتك
اللهم اجعل خير اعملنا خواتيمها
اللهم ارزقنا لذة النظر الى وجهك الكريــم
اللهم اجمعنا مع رسول الله في الفردوس
اللهم اعتقنا من النار

No comments:

Post a Comment