Friday, November 14, 2008

Why did Celebrities supported Barack?

draft obama endorsement

George Clooney
"He possesses the one quality that you cannot teach and you can't learn. … He is a leader. He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere. And … I've only seen that a couple of times in my life." (source)


draft obama endorsement Oprah Winfrey
“I think his sense of hope and optimism for this country and what is possible for the United States is the kind of thing that I would like to get behind."
(source)

Will Smith

Clearly meaning that "third act" would be a run for the White House, Smith added, "There's absolutely going to be a third act and I believe [Obama] is going to be the hero." Not a bad endorsement from a guy who has made quite a career of playing heroes of all kinds the past few years. (source)

draft obama endorsement Warren Buffet
"I've got a conviction about him that I don't get very often. He has as much potential as anyone I've seen to have an important impact over his lifetime on the course that America takes. If he can do an ounce better with me, fine." (source)


Ethel Kennedy - widow of Senator Bobby Kennedy
"I think he feels it. He feels it just like Bobby did," Ethel Kennedy said, comparing her late husband's quest for social justice to Obama's. "He has the passion in his heart. He's not selling you. It's just him." Ethel Kennedy invited Obama to deliver the keynote address at a ceremony commemorating the 80th birthday of Robert F. Kennedy. She said she had carefully followed the career of the Illinois senator, whom she referred to as "our next president." (source)

draft obama endorsement Steven D. Levitt, co-author of Freakonomics
“If he has the same effect on others as he does on me, you are looking at a future president." (source)

draft obama endorsement Matt Damon
CHRIS MATTHEWS: Who would you most like to see as the next president?
MATT DAMON: Barack Obama.
MATTHEWS: Would you campaign for Obama? Would you go out and work for him?
DAMON: Yes, I would support him strongly (source)

draft obama endorsement Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Basketball Legend
"I think Sen. Obama is a very good choice," Abdul-Jabbar said. "I was very impressed [with] his knowledge of the issues and the fact that throughout his lifetime he has been a consensus builder and someone who can build bridges to different segments of America society. I think that's something we need at this point." (source)


Halle Berry, Tony Award Winning Actress
"I so love what he stands for and respect him so much that when I met him, I was a bit shaky," she told the Philadelphia Daily News, which asked if she'd endorse him for President. "Oh, my God, yes! I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear." (source)

emilio estevez - draft obama Dreamworks, Hollywood Studio
"Three of the most powerful men in Hollywood - Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen - have just invited Democrats to a truly high-profile fundraiser, a Feb. 20 reception for Obama at the swank Beverly Hilton Hotel, with a dinner later at Geffen's home for top donors."(source)

draft obama endorsement Ben Affleck, Actor
"In his introduction, Affleck said that Obama, "in a short time, he has already proven himself to be the most galvanizing leader to come out of either party in my opinion in at least a decade and a half, if not more."

"He is very, very likely -- though good luck in getting him or anyone else to say so -- at one point, eventually down the road, at some point, in my opinion and many others, the future of this country," Affleck said." (source)


draft obama endorsement Charles Barkley, Basketball Legend
"I'm going with Senator Barack Obama. I like him a lot. I respect him. "




No comments:

Post a Comment